spotting a fake and buying guide for a Louis Vuitton belt
This article is written for ebay but is applicable anywhere, especially if you are in Asia on a shopping trip, in 5 years we have been in the leather business many people bring designer belts to cut and fix, of the thousands we have seen maybe less than 1% have been genuine.
A few quick pointers.
- Designer brands do not have sales or discount items, these items on average go up 10% a year in value.
- only buy from a suppliers store listed on their main website.
- check the retail price online before you buy.
- if buy second hand check for official receipts and labels.
- if the price for a belt is under 20,000 baht or $500 your looking at a fake.
- pattern should be full not broken and neat stitching
I see so many people paying crazy prices for Louis Vuitton belts that are easily spotted as not being…
View original post 509 more words